November 07, 2006

Tuesday.

1. I can’t shake this stupid whatever-it-is. I’m feeling better, but I can’t stop coughing. And it’s that gross cough, too – the one that hurts your back and ribs every time you hack. And I slept like hell last night. So I’m tired and my ribs hurt and I’m coughing. Have I mentioned that I’m the world’s biggest baby when I don’t feel well? That concludes this bitch and whine session, for the moment, anyway.

2. Okay, I heard this song. I don’t know what it is, but it’s catchy as hell. Truthfully, they play it during the advertisement for the show “Bones” on Fox. It’s got a real catchy little backbeat, and they use the lyrics from the beginning of Kid Rock’s “Bawitdaba.” (You know “Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy…”). Please, someone tell me they’ve heard this, and they know what the hell I’m talking about?! My undying love and gratitude if you can actually tell me who or what song I’m referring to!

3. Okay, now that I’ve got that song stuck in all your heads, scream it with me – “MY NAME IS KID…….” Sorry. That song and “Cowboy” will forever be burned into my head and associated with my first ever trip to Mardi Gras. I don’t even like Kid Rock. Seriously, I don’t. But those two songs I will forever love, because of the memories associated with them. When I hear these songs, my thoughts turn to the following (in no special order): sleeping in the parking lot of a Waffle House and getting free coffee when we woke up (Southern hospitality at its finest!); driving through the state of Alabama at an alarming rate of speed (seriously. How fast DO you have to go in Alabama to get a ticket? Apparently it’s faster than 107. And I was just keeping up with traffic. In the slow lane); the best billboard EVER (somewhere in the middle of God’s Country, Mississippi: “Even if she says it’s okay, even if she lies about her age, if she’s under 18, it’s still a crime”); and being halfway through an Arby’s Beef & Cheddar when it dawns on me that it’s ASH WEDNESDAY (Ironic, since I was just celebrating MARDI GRAS less than 24 hours prior. Back off. I was REALLY hung over!)

4. For the record, 20 hours is too long to drive in a car. It’s even longer when you’ve got a massive hangover. I don’t recommend it.

5. I found this on Scott-O-Rama’s blog. It’s making me utterly crazy. I managed to get 15 of them. Anyone want to collaborate with me? Let me know. Warning: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!! Don’t say I didn’t tell you.

6. That’s it for today. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG. OMG. OMG. I don't get the point but I just spent 1/2 hour there. I'll collaborate!

Who links to me?